- Results tabs: Click on any tab Voyage (52) to display a table of results.
- Full records are available: Click on the icon at the left edge of any search result to view the full record.
- Sort by columns: Click on any column heading (Destination△▽) to sort results by that column. Click again to reverse the sort order.
Share Whaling Resources
- Every item in the databases has a Whaling Resource Identifier (WRI).
- Click on the "Click to copy…" button below any WRI to copy its URL to your Clipboard.
- Share in email, Twitter, Facebook, WordPress… by pasting from your Clipboard (ctrl-P or cmd-P).
Code tables and Column definitions
For each database there is a page with values for codes and abbreviations used in the tables as well as definitions and usage information for each database column. Find it through the Databases entry in the main menu.
Advanced search: Data Viewers
Researchers who want more sophisticated data management capabilities should explore the Data Viewers available for each database. Data Viewers are listed under the Databases main menu entry. There is also a Getting Started page that explains how to use all Data Viewer features: The Data Viewer Interface.
- Search within individual columns or combine searches in multiple columns
- Sort by any column or by multiple columns
- View or hide columns, and access every column available in the data
- Select a set of records for copying or printing
- Download a set of records to the desktop