Skip to content
- Sources. Investigate the sources referred to in creating the American, French, and British North American voyage databases. Links are provided to scans of the original source materials when they are available online.
- Logbook Repositories. Search a list of libraries, museums and other repositories of American Offshore Whaling logbooks.
- Scanned Logbooks. Read more than 200 whaling logbooks that have been scanned.
- Women who went whaling. Find voyages on which the master’s wife sailed.
- Voyage Maps. View voyage maps drawn from logbook data.
- Dennis Wood Abstracts of Whaling Voyages. Search these summaries—compiled between 1830 and 1874—of more than 6,700 voyages.