WhalingHistory.org is a repository for data about whaling. For a general overview of whaling and whaling history, here are some resources to start your exploration. Each of them takes a different approach: a narrative, a collection of artifacts and maps, a timeline, a collection of topics, a map, a work of literature.
- Whales and Hunting, part of an Overview of North American Whaling, New Bedford Whaling Museum
- Whaling Resource Sets, Mystic Seaport Museum for Educators
- The History of Whaling in America, PBS American Experience
- Whaling, Smithsonian Institution Museum of American History
- Map of Whaling Grounds, A. Howard Clark (c. 1884)
- Moby-Dick or the Whale, Herman Melville